Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cabin Fever

Well March is here, and a wave of relief has come over me.  We have had a pretty mixed bag of weather ranging from ice, snow, wind, and rain.  Today as I opened the door to let my dog out, I heard the song of the cardinal on top of the tree next to my house.  I was so excited that I didn't mind the cold wind in my face. The sun was also shining, so that made it all the better.  March is a special month. My birthday, my husbands, and a few of my friends have their birthdays in March.  St. Patricks Day is fun, and I get in the mood to play some Irish Jigs! The first day of Spring is in March.
                                                                   I looked out my back door and saw the redwing black bird at my feeder, along with the doves, cardinals and nuthatch.  The downy woodpecker is also going up and down the tree making his little "peep" noises.
I'm not sure the name of my tree out back, but the little reddish buds are all over, ready to burst.  I'm so excited about the little things and changes I see!    I truly think I suffer from cabin fever. My kids are always asking to go outside, even in the coldest of weather.  I have increased anxiety at times, and wanted to sleep all day.  Now that Winter is almost over, I feel I can start fresh.
   Now that I expressed my feelings, I want to say that even in the darkest of days and hours, the Lord Jesus is always there for me! I have to rely on him in good days and dark days.
  
   “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.” – Psalms 46:1-3 

 “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33   

        The strength that I have to overcome my anxiety is my Lord Jesus!  The Lord of all creation brings the little things into my life, to remind me he is in control.  The winter wind may blow, the rains may come down, and the dark cold days may seem to last forever, but the Lords love is eternal!! Amen, Praise Jesus!!!


Some birds in my backyard

 













         











      


                                                            MARCH SAYINGS

"When March comes in like a lion, it goes out like a lamb"

"March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers,"

"when March blows its horn, your barn will be filled with hay and corn"


"The March wind roars
Like a lion in the sky,
And makes us shiver
As he passes by. 

"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush." 
-  Doug Larson







Genesis 9:12-14

 12And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
 13I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
 14And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

3 comments:

  1. Hi My DEARIST Friend!! This was just AWESOME!!!
    I am coming away with a Jesus lift!
    Your backyard Bird pictures are WONDERFUL!!
    Is the little redish bird called House Finch?
    I seem to remember that name...hmmm
    Thankyou for the great scriptures! Love and Hugs Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me. I love to watch the birds, and feel the warm Spring sun on my face. God has made us a beautiful world to live in. Looking forward to your next blog. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post thanks for sharing...God bless you

    ReplyDelete